Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neddrood

Chromecast Behavior Changed on Roku TV

I’ve had a TCL Roku TV for about two years with a 2nd Gen Chromecast device as an HDMI input. For as long as I’ve had these devices, when I cast from my phone, the casted content would override whatever was currently playing on my screen without having to change the input, and I would be able to control the casted content with my TV remote. For example, if I had HDMI2’s input active on my TV, casting to the TV from YouTube on my phone would immediately bring up the video I was casting and I would be able to interact with the app using my TV remote. I recently moved, and when I hooked up my TV and Chromecast again, this is no longer the behavior I’m experiencing. Now, when I cast from my phone, I have to manually select the Chromecast’s HDMI input in order to view the cast content. I am also no longer able to interact with the app using my RokuTV remote. 

I have already adjusted the CEC settings and while it does override the current input (although now it displays a “switching input” box before doing it), I still am not able to interact with the app using my TV remote. I’ve also tried factory resetting both devices, and reinstalling the Chromecast several times to no avail. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Chromecast Behavior Changed

I know this isn’t helpful but why are you using a Chromecast if you have a Roku TV? Did your TV recently update to Roku OS 11? 

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Chromecast Behavior Changed

@Neddrood 

You might consider casting directly from YT on your phone to YT on your Roku TV (your Roku should show up as a castable device within the YT phone app).

This wont address the general issue, which seems to be CEC-related - try deleting/refreshing the CEC device list on your Roku TV.  Beyond that, if your device updated to OS11 recently as @Ello2022  suggests, you should report this directly to Roku: 

chat/email   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

0 Kudos