Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psongman
Level 8

Channel switching help and wondering?

HI, I have a Roku in my kitchen and was going to buy a Roku TV for my living room as I thought it would be different in going from channel to channel. So, I went to the store and tried one out and the salesman helped me out as much as possible. Even he couldn't believe that you were not able to go from let's say channel 6 to 69. He said, he was just about to get one for his MOM on Mother's Day, in fact, it takes over a minute to move around in that area, this is ridiculous.

Why is everyone buying these tv's if they can't change channels, quickly and smoothly? Also, is there any way to get to the internet quickly on these devices? Also, no ethernet connection, which gives a much stabler and solid connection. I am just not getting it, If someone knows any solutions to my inquiries, your assistance is mucho appreciated!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tajson
Level 7

Re: Channel switching help and wondering?

"psongman" wrote:
the salesman helped me out as much as possible. Even he couldn't believe that you were not able to go from let's say channel 6 to 69. He said, he was just about to get one for his MOM on Mother's Day, in fact, it takes over a minute to move around in that area, this is ridiculous.

Read the manual and understand on how to use the TV's remote. Tell that to the salesman...
My TV has a fast forward function on the up key for channels if held so it takes nothing to go from 6 to 69... This sounds wrong on so many levels tho. ; )
0 Kudos