Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John9
Level 7

Re: Channel guide stopped working with antenna ?

Jump to solution

Hi, I have 4 Roku's because I like the antenna channel guide, which has stopped working several times. I use to do a factory reset but found a better way: Settings > System > Advanced Sysrem Settings > Network Connection Reset.  After reset, go back and connect to your wifi by Settings > Network > Set up Network > Wireless. Going this way, you don't have to start fresh with setting up your Roku account and TV settings.  As a comment to Roku, please change your software to let users define their Favorite Channels and not force what you think they should be. JohnS

Altpsych1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
johnodon
Level 8

Jump to solution

Resetting the network connection may have also worked for me.  I was then able to re-enable Fast Start and so far the guide is intact.  I'll monitor throughout the day.

@John9 wrote:

Hi, I have 4 Roku's because I like the antenna channel guide, which has stopped working several times. I use to do a factory reset but found a better way: Settings > System > Advanced Sysrem Settings > Network Connection Reset.  After reset, go back and connect to your wifi by Settings > Network > Set up Network > Wireless. Going this way, you don't have to start fresh with setting up your Roku account and TV settings.  As a comment to Roku, please change your software to let users define their Favorite Channels and not force what you think they should be. JohnS

LAB95
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you John9.  The procedure you outlined (Settings > System > Advanced Sysrem Settings > Network Connection Reset.  After reset, go back and connect to your wifi by Settings > Network > Set up Network > Wireless.) worked for me too. Channel guide is now displaying full program information again.  I also will monitor throughout the day.

Lightjoh
Level 8

Jump to solution

Turned on fast start thing failed. Factory reset failed. Still no clock and no data. This after turning off for the night and turning on next day.

DustyRose
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried all of the suggested fixes but still no guide. Is Roku working on a solution? I hope so I keep having to go into another room and view the guide on my smart tv.

Lightjoh
Level 8

Jump to solution

To get mine back I've been going into settings then under system go to power and restart but I have to do this each time it's been turned off for a while to get clock and guide to work.

Dwagner
Level 7

Jump to solution

My channel guide looks the same as Johnodon screen shot

Not sure about the status of my clock,  I restarted my tv before reviewing this article and guide came back again.  When my TV is off for an extended time I lose the guide information. 

My zip code was off by one number and I corrected this. The day after I corrected this I started having the channel guide problem. 

Yes, Fast TV Start is enabled 

I checked my network this morning and it appeared correctly. I did a network check anyhow that was fine. I checked my channel guide still no information. 

This problem did not start for me until day light savings time.

All other features work fine no trouble watching antenna TV or streaming movies. 

I would also get channel information when pressing the information button on the remote when on antenna tv but the information was not correct to the show that's on.

0 Kudos
Number1gmb
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having this same problem. Restart only resolves the issue until the TV is turned off. Need to restart each time the Tv is turned on. Just  a temporary solution. Need a PERMANENT resolution. 

LP08
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked like a charm!! Thanks!

0 Kudos