Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gprindle2
Level 7

Re: Channel guide stopped working with antenna ?

Jump to solution

Hopefully the problem has been solved. My full guide magically reappeared just a few minutes ago. Just to test, I turned off the TV for a few minutes and the schedule was still working! Thanks to all the people from Roku for the quick work in getting a solution to the problem. 

UnhappyUser123
Level 7

Jump to solution

@John9 wrote:

Hi, I have 4 Roku's because I like the antenna channel guide, which has stopped working several times. I use to do a factory reset but found a better way: Settings > System > Advanced Sysrem Settings > Network Connection Reset.  After reset, go back and connect to your wifi by Settings > Network > Set up Network > Wireless. Going this way, you don't have to start fresh with setting up your Roku account and TV settings.  As a comment to Roku, please change your software to let users define their Favorite Channels and not force what you think they should be. JohnS

I started a factory reset on 1 of my TVs, but on the other I found out that just unplugging it and plugging it back in (turning the power strip off and back on) was all I needed to do.

0 Kudos
dodger2020
Level 8

Jump to solution

Dude, don't do a factory reset.  Or a network reset.  It won't make a difference.  For a temporary fix just do a system reset.  It's equivalent to unplugging the tv and plugging it back in.  No need to do a factory reset or re-enter all your network info.  That won't fix the problem.

johnodon
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Gprindle2 wrote:

Hopefully the problem has been solved. My full guide magically reappeared just a few minutes ago. Just to test, I turned off the TV for a few minutes and the schedule was still working! Thanks to all the people from Roku for the quick work in getting a solution to the problem. 

Same here.  Guide reappeared with no action from me.

DonDeMent
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mine also now works on 2 TVs after both being off overnight.  I did nothing to resolve problem.

I don't really like MAGIC solutions - no way to know how to approach problem if it reoccurs.  Roku should at least say that they found the problem and fixed it.

Not impressed with Roku support.  When I first reported problem to them I said I tried testing network via TV function, disconnecting and reconnecting, connecting to a different Wifi network, etc.  I also said I had no problem streaming.  So one of the response suggestions I got from Roku was to CHECK MY NETWORK CONNECTION.  So how can I think highly of Roku support?

Tenayshush
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone..  Just checked my TV and my guide is also up and working..  I don't know if it will stay like this but hopefully so..

0 Kudos
rockin
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku Support recommended doing the system restart, which we did and so far the Smart Guide seems to be functioning properly now.

0 Kudos
Tenayshush
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

I didn't do anything but turn the TV on and the guide was working.. I did all the restarts and things yesterday and found that the guid would work up until the TV was turned off and then once you turned it back on everything was gone again and had to redo everything.. I don't know what happened, I am just glad it is fixed now..

0 Kudos
Lowtech5
Level 7

Jump to solution

While the TV is on, A simple unplugging of the power cord for 2 minutes seems to have solved our problem.

If plugged to a surge protector, unplug it from the surge protector for 2 minutes

#RokuTVbuilt-in

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue! This should now be resolved, and things should be functioning normally again. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post