Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louis_Nenda
Level 9

Channel guide stopped working - "No Data Available"

For several days now, the channel guide for antenna TV on our 28" TCL Roku TV has stopped working, displaying "No Data Available" for all channels. There is a solid network connection. (Streaming channels work fine, network settings show signal being "Excellent".) Firmware revision is 9.3.0 Build 4182-08.

There was a post about this problem back in March and I've tried the fixes recommended there; verified zip code and correct time, checked that fast start is disabled, restarted TV, pulled power plug to cold boot, reset network connection. Still no channel guide.

Are there any other fixes? Is this a known bug in the recent firmware update? Or is there a problem with the server providing the program data?

no-data-available.jpg

97 Replies
RockyRokoo
Level 7

Re: Channel guide stopped working - "No Data Available"

I’ve had the same issue and I tried every suggestion on the web that I could find. This morning I changed my zip code to a more “major city “ closest to me and the smart guide populated fine after I did a a system restart. I then put my original zip code Back in and no data. Maybe the place they are pulling the data from is dropping zip codes? I don’t know but it worked for me. Hope it helps.

Louis_Nenda
Level 9

Thanks for the suggestion - I just now tried that, set the zip code to one in the major city where the broadcasters are located and restarted the TV. Unfortunately it's still no good, the guide continues to display "No Data Available" for all channels.

Sharon4
Level 7

Over-the-air channel not showing data

Roku is confusing their "Live TV" guide with an "Over-the-Air" channel guide. They are not the same thing. I'm referring to channels 2.1, 2.2 etc. They come off my outside TV antenna and not from my Roku streaming channel. They are two different channel guides.

I have a TCL Roku tv and have always gotten the over-the-air channel guide. This started when you switched your thing to Live TV. Please fix the problem. I have tried everything that is suggested and nothing works. My local Over-the-Air channels are NOT listed on the Roku streaming channel.

Get your stuff together and stop messing around with it.

Also, please list a phone number to call and speak with a tech person down in the contact us section.

Mikelob
Level 7

Re: Over-the-air channel not showing data

I'm also dealing with the very same problem... on the same Roku TCL TV. Did all the same possible solutions but to no avail... Very frustrating, we've always enjoyed the over the air channel guide for channel selection. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM! thanks very much...

Caraway
Level 7

I thought it was just me, but I done everything you have and I still have the no data available as well. I purchased my tv three weeks ago. I'm not happy about this.

KeeVee
Level 7

Change the ZIP code to a near by city, that is closer to the TV towers, rescan for OTA channels and that should work

Louis_Nenda
Level 9

I was going to try the channel scan as recommended above, but suddenly the guide has started working again although nothing else had been done since the last failed attempt. I have no idea if any of the things that were done helped, or whether it would just have started working on its own for whatever reason. I have no idea what the real problem was and always get suspicious when things fix themselves but at least for the moment we're back in business.

0 Kudos
Louis_Nenda
Level 9

Well, that was short-lived! This morning the guide is gone again. I'll try the channel scan and see what happens...

UPDATE: I rescanned channels and it still did not work. However I then found that for some reason the TV had lost the network settings and was no longer connected to the internet. After reconnecting, the guide is back - for now.

0 Kudos
lstarks
Level 7

TV guide = No Data

TV guide says no data available. I tried unplugging the tv, system restart, checked system update, changed the zip code to another nearby major city. I tried everything But nothing. 

0 Kudos