Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louis_Nenda
Level 9

Re: Channel guide stopped working - "No Data Available"

Another guide-related bug we've noticed, sometimes it is not possible to exit the program guide because it becomes non-responsive to the "back" button on the remote control. (This happens with multiple remotes.) The only ways we've found to get out of the guide when this happens are to hit the "Home" button, which loses paused TV, or just wait 60 seconds without using the remote control for the guide display to exit by itself. The problem happens randomly and so far there does not seem to be a pattern of actions that trigger it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-current zipcode that you are using
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (2)
actnc
Level 7

Changed zip code to a nearby larger town and I now have program data in the guide. I think it’s the version 9.3 update. Lots of things aren’t behaving as they were before the update. 

0 Kudos
JustMe04
Level 7

As others have done, I changed the zip code to a larger city located right next to mine. This action restored the guide.

0 Kudos
Efred15
Level 7

Re: Channel guide does not work anymore live tv

Same issue here, when selecting a channel it shows but when using left button to see guide, nothing. Tried system restart, re-adding zip - still doesn’t work.When using left button, audio still works but no video or guideWhen using left button, audio still works but no video or guide

0 Kudos
kaccompany
Level 7

Please help!  I tried restarting... same issue, the live TV Channel Guide says no data.  

0 Kudos
madizzy
Level 8

Strange how Roku is doing nothing about our posts. 

thomasassoc
Level 7

I tried all of the above including re typing my zip code in again even though it was correct. I did a system restart nothing helped.

Then I just typed in another different  zip-code that is right by my house in the same antenna tv broadcast area. Not my zip code but close enough it directs to the same local channels and wallah!! The guide came right up and works perfect now. I was curious so I went back in and put my old correct zipcode in again and tried it and the guide was gone again. Weird so I went back to the same next zip code closest to my house again and wallah! The guide was right back up. Weird but I was missing this antenna Tv guide this week it makes a major difference.

So try this as well and maybe to a restart as well if one doesn’t work matbe both will. So happy it’s working again even though it’s the wrong zip-code and the other one my real zipcode always worked perfectly before. Not sure why but am happy again. 

FearTheClown
Level 9

I can confirm the zip code thing here in OKC metro as well. 

To anyone that has not had success with this, try ANOTHER zip in your area until it works. We have multiple here and the first 2 didn't work, it wasn't until I googled OKC zip codes and used the top result that the TV guide returned.

No restart needed, effect should be immediate. I tested it both ways, I went back to my actual zip and the guide went away then back to the working one and it came back, no restart either time.

Channel Menu for broadcast/antenna channels displays "data not available"

The menu screen for broadcast channels does not display info. However, program info does display when the channel is selected. So the info is there, it's just not showing up in the menu. I have scanned for channels several times as well as adjusted the settings on the tv input menu. The antenna preview menu is still blank (screenshot attached). This started happening about the time Roku added a similar menu to the Roku channel app for live streams, about 3 weeks ago. If this is happening to anyone else with TCL Roku TVs, reply in comments and maybe we can figure it out. Roku probably won't address it.

The same issue is happening on all my TCL Roku TV models.

antenna1.jpg