Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Channel guide is now timed

Don't loiter reading the channel guide on OTA or streaming. It's now timed. So be quick. After a minute or so on your viewed choice you're reminded of the channel you are watching. Like I need this. I'm tired of half assed updates that think different is an improvement. Mention buying a smart tv near me and you'll get an earful of negatives about Roku.

8 REPLIES 8
Pap83
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel guide is now timed

Well, guess I am glad to see this is happening to some other than me.  Wasn't sure what was going on.  Started two days ago, tried all kinds of things to stop it.  So we believe that an update added this as a feature?  How stupid can they be.  It is annoying.  My last Roku TV, although it could be Hisense that did this.  Not sure, not happy.

Benedlr
Roku Guru

It happens on my TCL. I remember when updates were in response to customers wants. Now it's like a bunch of kids with a chemistry set. Let's try this and see what happens. I'd like to be able to try the latest upgrade for 30 days. If I didn't like it, I could revert back to the previous version that worked for me. Like that's going to happen.

Benedlr
Roku Guru

It was still happening. I tried the on screen reset with no improvement. Then I pulled the plug and waited a minute before powering up. I seem to have more time now and can scroll thru everything before being kicked out.

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

I found a blinking green light under the battery cover. Don't know what it means. I removed the batteries several times and tried the reset button. It eventually went out. No more time out.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Are you talking about under the battery cover of your remote? I sometimes see the bottom of the TV blinking, but am not aware of any batteries stored there, can you clarify what you are talking about, thanks.

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

When I slid the battery cover off the IR remote a green light was blinking under it. The light on the bottom of the TV is controlled in settings.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Interesting, when I take the cover off I find no light, blinking or not.

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

The remote is model rc-al5. Closest I found was the Pro model that has a pairing button and status light under the cover.

0 Kudos