Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Casting from apple OS Catalina to ROKU (Can't see Roku TV but Visio shows up.

Jump to solution

I got a TCL ROKU TV but am unable to cast to it from my MAC.  Apple OS Catalina.  I can cast to Visio TV.  What am I missing?  Thanks for any response.

Also asking Apple community same question.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Casting from apple OS Catalina to ROKU (Can't see Roku TV but Visio shows up.

Jump to solution

Casting from the Mac via Airplay? You have to go through an Airplay compatible device like an Apple TV.

I do this regularly from my MacBook Pro to the TCL 6 series via the Apple TV. I have found no other way around it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Casting from apple OS Catalina to ROKU (Can't see Roku TV but Visio shows up.

Jump to solution

Casting from the Mac via Airplay? You have to go through an Airplay compatible device like an Apple TV.

I do this regularly from my MacBook Pro to the TCL 6 series via the Apple TV. I have found no other way around it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Apple devices cannot cast (screen mirror) to a Roku device. There are some individual apps that might support casting, but in general it is not supported. Android devices can screen mirror, and some people have had success mirroring from a Windows PC, but that's hit or miss as well. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos