Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Berger
Level 7

Cast from an iOS device to a TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I used to be able to cast from my iPad and iPhone to my TCL Roku and then one day it didn’t work anymore. I’ve double and triple checked that both devices are on the same network and I’m able to cast the audio to the Sonos speaker attached to the tv.

Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cast from an iOS device to a TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Berger 

Thanks for the note.

Casting and mirroring are not the same, although at times they are misunderstood for being the same. Apple OSX/iOS devices do not support screen mirroring—this is only supported by Windows and Android devices. 

Visit our Support page here for information on casting and mirroring and how to cast from popular channels to your Roku device: How do I cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from my phone to my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Berger 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What kind of content were you casting to your Roku TV? Were you casting content with a compatible channel such as Netflix or Youtube?

Please be aware that screen mirroring with a Roku device is not supported with iOS® or Apple devices.

Keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Berger
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I was casting Netflix, YouTube and my photos.

When you say mirroring isn’t supported, is that the same as Casting? I assume so, but just double checking Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Berger 

Thanks for the note.

Casting and mirroring are not the same, although at times they are misunderstood for being the same. Apple OSX/iOS devices do not support screen mirroring—this is only supported by Windows and Android devices. 

Visit our Support page here for information on casting and mirroring and how to cast from popular channels to your Roku device: How do I cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from my phone to my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Berger
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. I found a post about not putting the tv in Eco mode and once I turned that off it worked!

0 Kudos
usfsafety42
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, how did you turn off eco mode. I’m having the same issue with not seeing my Roku tv as an option on my iPhone 

0 Kudos