Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam7
Reel Rookie

Cant get past activation Screen on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Cant get past activation screen on my ONN Roku TV i keep going to roku.com/ link to activate my TV but the code disappears and makes me keep doing it over and over again i look on my roku account to see if the tv is connected its not nothing is connected to my online roku account

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cant get past activation Screen

Jump to solution

@Sam7 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and finish setting up your Roku TV. Then once your TV has been setup, try switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sam7 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and finish setting up your Roku TV. Then once your TV has been setup, try switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Sam7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks that did work

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

my roku se keeps making me not get passed it keeps telling me email not working or code link dont work help anyone plzzz

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@HenryVillatoro

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there was an issue preventing new activations that has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Awortman

Jump to solution

My roku won’t activate because it never shows code on tv. I’ve started the process 5 times!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Awortman

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be informed that the new activation process is now through an email activation link. Therefore, we are no longer using codes. To activate your Roku player or Roku TV when you first use it, you must also create, activate, and link a Roku account using an activation link that will be sent to the email address you provide.

For more information, check out this Support article: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos