Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cutedge

Cannot get through Roku TV setup

I just bought a new Roku TV 8 hours ago and I can not get through the set up .  I am stuck.  I am usually very adept at setting up electronic equipment but I am so frustrated I am about ready to return the tv for something different. Please help

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can someone please help.me

Where exactly are you stuck? Is not not connecting to your home network? If that's the case, many users have had success using a phone hotspot to connect to the Internet and complete the activation. Once completed, they can then connect to their home network. Depending on the TV, perhaps a wired connection could be used. 

What make/model TV do you have? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: Can someone please help.me

@cutedge wrote:

I just bought a new Roku TV 8 hours ago and I can not get through the set up .  I am stuck.  I am usually very adept at setting up electronic equipment but I am so frustrated I am about ready to return the tv for something different. Please help

All I can tell you is follow the installation instructions step by step. But before you do that, lay out everything that came with the TV., cables, etc. Hopefully, each thing is labeled.  If it is, then follow the directions when to install each thing that came with the TV. I assume you got a poster and or a quick start guide . If there's a diagram look at your TV and the diagram and follow along. 

0 Kudos