Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bearhawklife
Level 7

Cannot Access YouTube Branded account on Roku TV (Works on Apple TV)

I watch YouTube through my YouTube Branded account (I am a YT content creator).  All of the subscribed channels that I watch are on my YT Branded account.  When I access the YouTube app on my new TCL TV, I sign in using my Google account, but that does not get me over to my branded account where I have everything saved.  Take a look at the attached screen shot from YouTube.  It shows my Google (gmail) account that I log in through.  And it also shows my branded account.  But I cannot access the branded account in Roku.

I know this works because I can view YT through my branded account on my Apple TV in the other room.  In fact, Apple TV asks me "How do you want to view YouTube" and gives me the choice of either the Google (gmail) account, or the branded account.  I always select the branded account.  How do I do this on my Roku TV?Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 12.07.43 PM.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot Access YouTube Branded account on Roku TV (Works on Apple TV)

@bearhawklife 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach YouTube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos