Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can’t use Sharp Roku TV remote after using ROKU app as remote

Set up my new Sharp ROKU TV yesterday and remote worked just fine until I used the ROKU app as remote. I have unplugged SHARP ROKU TV, taken battery out of remote, closed ROKU app, etc but nothing fixes. I see no ‘reset button in battery compartment’ like I had with other ROKU remotes. I can still use the app but I would prefer to use the remote itself. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Can’t use Sharp Roku TV remote after using ROKU app as remote

Is there anything in front of the tv to block remote signals? Like sound bar? Did you try new batteries? Also is some kind IR repeater in the room that might interfere with tv IR? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No nothing blocking 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Since there's no reset button (actually a pair button) in the remote's battery area, that means it's an IR only remote. Make absolutely certain there's nothing blocking the IR receiver window on the TV. Where is that? I can't say for certain, but on my Sharp Roku TV it's in the bottom left corner. But anything between the remote and that window can block the signal, it doesn't have to be right at the TV. 

You might try a different set of batteries as well. You never know... Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos