Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't search for content on Roku app on my Samsung TV

Jump to solution

I successfully downloaded the Roku Channel app on my Samsung TV, but when I open that app, there's no way to search for the titles I want.  It looks like I have to scroll through a seemingly endless list of TV and movie titles.  Am I missing something?  And does Samsung's Roku Channel app have the same programs as can be found on the web version of the Roku Channel (therokuchannel.com)?  On the web version I can easily search out the titles I want, but that doesn't appear to be the case with the Samsung app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't search for content on Roku app on my Samsung TV

Jump to solution

@Destry 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Channel on your Samsung TV will not have the same functionality as a Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Destry 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Channel on your Samsung TV will not have the same functionality as a Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Many thanks for the clarification.  But what I was talking about is that there appears to be two different versions of the Roku Channel, leaving aside the matter of the Roku device itself.  There's the web version of the channel (therokuchannel.roku.com), which can be searched for program titles, and then there's the version on the Samsung app, which can't be searched, and which doesn't seem to have as many programs available as the web version.  But they're both called "The Roku Channel."  Further complicating matters is that when I attempt to access the web version of the Roku Channel on my Samsung TV's internet app, Roku's content seems to be blocked.  Bottom line:  I can't get as much content, nor can I search that content on the Samsung app, so it's not nearly as useful as the web version--or so it seems.

0 Kudos