Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ELKillian
Reel Rookie

Can't get my remote to recognize TV's

I have a Roku that I travel with. For the first few months when I would set it up in a hotel room, it had no problem finding the TV for the purpose of turning it on and off as well as the volume.  The last several times, it does not work on the TV's. This last week we had an LG tv and it would say do you hear the music and when I would say yes, it would then ask if the music stopped, I would say no, it would try and few more times and then say this remote will not work on this TV. This is what it has done the last several times in other Hotels. Each time I remove it from the TV to take it home, I remove the batteries. I would think that this should clear out any codes, maybe not. The Remote works as it should on the Roku just not on the TV. Is there a possibility that it has codes trapped inside and can't take any new codes, and if so, how can I clear the codes that are trapped?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Can't get my remote to recognize TV's

@ELKillian One of the last updates changed the responses when pairing a remote.   The old directions:  It would ask if the music stopped.  The new directions:  Do you still hear the music?  The default is no so if the music is still playing you need to respond yes to go to the next code.

0 Kudos
ELKillian
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't get my remote to recognize TV's

Yes I misspoke or mistyped:) that is correct and I did answer, yes I still hear the music. Thanks for your reply and the opportunity to clarify this.

0 Kudos