Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JdubTX
Level 7

Can't get activation code on Roku TV

Hi, I have brand new TCL/Roku TV. I started it, selected time zone, english...etc. I selected my wireless network. It successfully connected. it asked me if I am at home, or in a dorm/hotel. I selected home, but I am actually at my office which has wi-fi provided by my landlord. I keep getting an "activation issue" error and it will never give me an activation code. just spins around and around. I checked for software updates and restarted many times already. the internet signal strength says excellent. please help me. thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't get activation code

@JdubTX 

Thanks for the note.

It appears there may be an issue with the wireless connectivity. I'd recommend trying to connect your Roku TV to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to setup and update your TV. Then once the Roku TV has been setup, switch back to your office wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jimshm2010
Level 7

TCL tv does not give activation code the tv accepts my internet but still no activation code spoke with TCL support and tried everything with them please help 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jimshm2010 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if you can get an activation code?

For more information about how to factory reset your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

In addition, I'd recommend trying to connect your Roku TV to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to setup and update your TV. Then once the Roku TV has been setup, switch back to your office wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos