Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't connect to WiFi even with excellent connect

@Dukesj2

If you are able to connect to a mobile hotspot and connect, then the issue is most likely not with the TV, but rather your wireless network. Can you provide more information? What kind of router are you using? Are you using a specific network type (ie, mesh)? What frequency is your router broadcasting? Have you tried using another channel on your network to see if that helps?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MyTvBroke

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dukesj2
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R thanks for responding! I'll be returning the TV tomorrow, because the issue is not my router and wifi. Everything in my home is connected to that router with no issues. 

0 Kudos

Mine has just done this today I was watching BBC iPlayer and it just went off, and now it says it's not connected and won't connect back up, reset the modern, reset the network unplugged the tv nothing has worked. It can find my network on the settings and the signal strength it excellent.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Gillian0191

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Justinn

I’m having the same issue.  I purchased the TV less than a week ago and had no connection issues until today.  All other devices in my household can connect to the router just fine.  This is an issue with the TV

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Justinn

Thanks for the post.

Just to make sure, are you experiencing the issue on a Roku TV? Have you tried my suggestions in my post above? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NateTruth
Binge Watcher

??

At like 2am today (Tuesday 9/14). I posted to this thread and now it's disappeared??

So basically you all know your firmware cannot handle 250 mpbs speeds and are trying to keep it hush hush!

That's FOWL!!

I WILL SERIOUSLY SPAM EVERY THREAD HERE ...AND EVERYONE OF THE 22 comment boards I am on. I will especially be posting this issue on Amazon sellers comments. And I suggest everyone here do the same!!

Maybe then Roku will get the message.

0 Kudos

I have the exact same issue. One Hisense roku tv connects, but the other two are having this issue. Please help 

0 Kudos

I’ve done all the steps, I know my Wi-Fi is working because one of the TV work

0 Kudos