Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't connect to WiFi even with excellent connect

@bklynbouy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Check out some wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Have you tried unplugging your Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then trying again to see if that resolves your issue?

As a last resort, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if that helps. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I did ALL of those things and my tv still will not connect or will say it's connected but not actually be connected. I worked troubleshooting for years. Can we not bs around and actually tell me and these people what can be done to fix this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@darkangel61789 

Thanks for the post.

If you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps suggested in my previous post and are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lilly_8080

So weird that people having been having this issue it seems all summer! Mine just started this issue today I just noticed. We only go online with our tv every so often mostly the younger kids watch movies. But when I tried to connect to watch one of our tv apps we have it said not connecting so I restarted everything and still nothing! I'm just going to let it sit for the night might I'll have better luck tomorrow I really don't care to do a factory reset at this point this tv has a broken screen in the corner so it will be getting replaced soon so no biggie if we don't get connected on this one but just wow that so many people are having issues makes me think twice about getting another Hisense! We were going to get the same one we kind of like this one! 

0 Kudos
GenCam37
Reel Rookie

Been having the same issue since last week and I even factory reset my tv to see that works smh I'm so upset and wish there was a way to connect cause I'm wasting my money for apps I can't watch cause Roku can't connect properly

Hello all- 

Having the same issue with my Hi sense Roku TV

when trying time call customer service an Indian guy told me to pay with a credit card and I asked him why he started yelling and I’m he blocked my TV..

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BoogaBear1103 

Thanks for the post.

Who exactly did you call and how did you obtain the phone number?

Please be aware that there is never a charge for Roku support.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lbrooks525

I have two  hisense 32" roku tv and one can connect to my network and the other doesnt. I have tried resetting both the TV and my router and nothing works, I tried resetting the network connection, moving it closer to the router, resetting my router, factory resetting the TV and still nothing. It say connect and activate now; when I click on it it says scan again to see all networks but no networks show up, when I click on private network and try it that way still nothing. It just says to make sure my device is close to my router and it shows your wireless MAC address and for additional support visit hisense-usa.com/support which it not help either. I purchased the first tv last year and got another this year, still nothing. I have registered them and everything. Do I need to get a new tv?

0 Kudos
dschwa1540

Has anyone figured out how to solve this issue? We have a Hisense Roku TV, it started disconnecting from the WIFI when turned off and turned back on, now it will not connect to the WIFI at all. I've factory reset the tv, checked the wifi connection which is strong, other devices are connecting to the wifi. Any help would be great!!!

0 Kudos
Jenb1
Reel Rookie

Same! I spent two hours Yesterday talking to Hisense, Roku and Spectrum (my internet provider.) Still no resolve. It hasn’t worked since the update over a week ago. I kept getting different people on the Roku customer service chat. They all told me the same thing over and over. I did everything I was told to do. It wasn’t helpful. I am stuck with a tv that I’ve only had for a few months that no longer works. I’m very frustrated! 

0 Kudos