Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't connect to WiFi even with excellent connect

@SunnySanDiego

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model devices are you having this issue with? Who is your ISP provider? What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’ve tried every method and still no luck. My Hisense Roku tv has been shut down since July of 2021. I thought it was broken until I performed a factory reset on it. Good news, my tv was never broken but however, it’s not able to connect to the wifi. The wifi strength is excellent. It’s connected to a few other devices in the house & I even disconnected some devices from the Wifi just in case it’s causing an interference. That didn’t work either. I’ve tried performing another factory reset, unplugging and plugging again, restring the router, updating the software using my mobile Hotspot (which worked) but still no luck connecting to my wifi. Please help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Cajun_muppets

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

After scrolling through this topic for about 40 minutes, I ended up updating the software on my mesh Wi-Fi net work and that allowed my TV to reconnect. Worked for me, hope it works for you

0 Kudos
Missbev21

Not sure if just coincidence on my resolution. I had the same issues I unplugged, reset, reset network connection, reset factory defaults, I was able to connect to my phones mobile hotspot (which was using the same wifi connection I was trying to get tv to connect to) it connected just fine , i checked software updates...so after an hour of troubleshooting I noticed my remote response time was extremely lagged. I changed the batteries...and just hit the connect on the password screen as I did like 50 times before and bam ...instantly connected...again not sure if coincidence or if the roku remote needs to have good batteries for the tv to work properly? I have a hisense brand tv.

0 Kudos
cappuccino
Binge Watcher

Troubleshooting questions for people experiencing this issue with their Hisense Roku TVs:

Do you get a green checkmark for the following three items when you go to Home/Settings/Network/Check connection:

1. Available networks

2. Wireless connection

3. Internet connection

If "Yes," what do you see when you go to Home/Settings/About?

1. Status: ___

2. Connection type: ___

3. Signal strength: ___

4. Wireless channel: ___

5. Internet download speed: ___

Do you have a mesh router? Yes or No -- Mesh routers switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. This can be a problem for Roku TVs.

Do you have a dual-band router with two separate bands, 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz, and do those bands each have a different name? (Such as MyRouter-2G and MyRouter-5G)

65" Hisense Roku TV (Costco model #65R7G5)
OTA TV antenna (indoor $20 RCA rabbit ears)
0 Kudos