Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blogan
Reel Rookie

Can't connect my TCL Roku TV to Google Home

Jump to solution

I've tried for months (periodically) to connect my TCL 50" Roku TV to Google Home, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've done a LOT of research and am logging into Google Home on my iPhone, clicking the plus (+) sign, selecting "Have something already set up?", adding Roku, and I always get "Account successfully linked", yet there's no TCL 50" Roku device in my list of Google Home devices. What could I possibly be missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jclem
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't connect my TCL Roku TV to Google Home

Jump to solution

I was having the same problem, but got it sorted out. I had one TV linked and couldn’t link a new one. To solve, I made sure both were in my Roku account, then I removed my Roku account from the Google Home app, then I added it back in, went through the login process, and it then found both TVs.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jstrand87

Jump to solution

Same here.

My TCL 50S425 won't show up as a device.

My 55S425 works just fine and is connected.

0 Kudos
jclem
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was having the same problem, but got it sorted out. I had one TV linked and couldn’t link a new one. To solve, I made sure both were in my Roku account, then I removed my Roku account from the Google Home app, then I added it back in, went through the login process, and it then found both TVs.

blogan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the post. I tried to remove Roku from the Google Home app, but can't find where to do that... yet. 

0 Kudos
jclem
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In the Google Home app, go through the process to add a device (counterintuitive, I know), then tap Roku and tap “Unlink account”

0 Kudos
blogan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't get that option. I think the issue might be caused by a link account. When I clicked on the Device Settings for a TV of my daughter's, who no longer lives at home, I see that she is showing as a linked account. 

0 Kudos
blogan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also, every time I add Roku to Google Home, it says it's linked, but I'm wondering if somehow it's not linked to my Google account. I wonder if it's linked to my daughter's account. There seems to be no way to check.

0 Kudos
gjmoran

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info man. I was able to go to my linked Roku account on Google home and 'search for new devices' when clicking to unlink it. It then took me to re-login to my Roku account and found my other TV and then asked if I wanted to auto add any new Roku devices to Google home.

I'm all sorted out now.

0 Kudos
TVKING

Jump to solution

I recently was having problems using my Google Home to control my TV I unlink your thinking that would work and every time I try to make it back to my Google Home it says Something went wrong and I don’t understand I have excellent Wi-Fi connection

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TVKING

Thanks for the post.

We believe there was a possible issue during the time you reported this occurring. Are you still experiencing an issue with your Google Home at this time? 

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos