Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Can't add subwoofer to Roku TV even after OS 9.2.6 update

I thought this update would add the subwoofer option to the TV menu. Still not there.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Can't add subwoofer to Roku TV even after OS 9.2.6 update

About that subwoofer. I found this on the subwoofer page. 

Compatibility
Requires Roku Smart Soundbar or a Roku TV™ with Roku TV™ Wireless Speakers
does not work with Roku TV™ only, or with Roku streaming players. https://www.roku.com/products/audio/roku-wireless-subwoofer .

For Christmas, I bought the Walmart version of the soundbar and subwoofer. I tried installing just the subwoofer first, but it said I had to install the soundbar first. Turns out the soundbar's Roku player does not have Doby Vision or Doby Atmos. So I would have been stepping down in quality. I ended up returning them.

For some reason, Roku insists that you buy their speakers and install them before you can install the subwoofer. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yes, I have the Roku speakers installed on the Roku TV. I wanted to add the subwoofer, but the option wasn't available. It was supposed to have been added with the Roku OS 9.2 update. Unfortunately, after the 9.2 update, the subwoofer option is still not available on my version of the Roku tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@BollWeevil 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For instructions on how to set up your Roku subwoofer, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku Wireless Subwoofer?

If you are still having issues setting up your subwoofer, let us know and we will be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue but did notice that my version of ROKU tv is still not supported.  Are there any updates as to when all version of ROKU TV's will be able to use both Wireless speakers and a Subwoofer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Borgy We'll share any updates that we hear when additional compatibility is added. 

Our support article will also be updated to reflect any additional support models here: https://support.roku.com/article/360035395173-does-my-roku-tv-support-a-roku-wireless-subwoofer-

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos