Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GP2Engine
Level 9

Can anyone else link their accounts to new devices? Or is Roku having a server-wide issue?

Jump to solution

I just had my new Roku TV delivered this morning. I already have an account and simply need to activate my new TV. But there seems to be issues when I go to Roku's website to complete the activation. I am unable to complete the activation due to what appears to be issues on Roku's end. (server problem?)

Can anyone else confirm this is also an issue for them as well?

My TV is basically a brick right now. It seems like I need to activate my TV through Roku in order to use the TV for anything at all.

I cannot even switch to a different HDMI input/source through the remote or on the TV (is there another way?). It seems like to do even that, I have to go through the Roku activation process, which as I explained above is not working.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can anyone else link their accounts to new devices? Or is Roku having a server-wide issue?

Jump to solution

@GP2Engine 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware there was a service interruption earlier in the day on 11/25/2020.

We believe that we have resolved the issue and Roku activation and other services are recovering or are now accessible.

Please note that you may still encounter some residual issues that we will continue to work on to resolve.

• New subscription sign-ups on device
  • Signing into the Roku Channel mobile app

You do not need to contact customer support to report these, just try them again later.

For more information about this service interruption, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/360059961893

We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can anyone else link their accounts to new devices? Or is Roku having a server-wide issue?

Jump to solution

@GP2Engine 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware there was a service interruption earlier in the day on 11/25/2020.

We believe that we have resolved the issue and Roku activation and other services are recovering or are now accessible.

Please note that you may still encounter some residual issues that we will continue to work on to resolve.

• New subscription sign-ups on device
  • Signing into the Roku Channel mobile app

You do not need to contact customer support to report these, just try them again later.

For more information about this service interruption, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/360059961893

We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos