Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keb8880

Can Soundbar and speakers be used with Premier streaming devise?

I have had a ton of connection issues with the Roku Streambar. Lots of buffering and internet drop outs. It is also much slower than our other Roku devices. We have tried every suggested fix and nothing works. So, the solution I am hoping for would be to utilize my Roku Premiere Streaming device for my streaming and the streambar, subwoofer and 4 speakers for sound. Is this possible? If so, how do I set it up?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can Soundbar and speakers be used with Premier streaming devise?

@keb8880

Thanks for the post.

The Roku Premiere device doesn't have any direct functionality with the Roku Streambar and the Roku Wireless Speakers as both of those devices would work in conjunction without needing the Premiere.

Please be aware that the issue you are experiencing may be related to wireless connectivity as the Premiere Roku device may be utilizing the 2.4 GHz wireless frequency where as the Roku Streambar and Wireless Speakers would be using the 5 GHz frequency.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried rebooting your wireless network or even changing your router's wireless channel to avoid wireless interference?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos