Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jockoe
Streaming Star

Can Roku Smart Soundbar be used with Roku Ultra

Can I use the Roku Smart Soundbar, as a soundbar only, with the Roku Ultra?  (I understand that the Smart Soundbar has a built-in Roku, but I want a device with an ethernet port.)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can Roku Smart Soundbar be used with Roku Ultra

Sure, no problem, just put away the Streambar remote, because pressing any key on it will send you to Streambar home screen. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jockoe
Streaming Star

@Tivoburkee 

You would think it'd be that simple, but then there is no way to control the volume on the Smart Soundbar.  The remote control for the Roku Ultra controls the volume of the television.  So if I turn the volume above 0, I am hearing sound from the television and sound from the soundbar.  This creates an 'echo' for whatever I am watching.

What I need is for one remote to be able to control the Ultra and only the volume on the Smart Soundbar.  Is there a way to do that?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

When the Streambar is connected correctly to the tv, the tv volume and Streambar volume both control the Streambar sound. Via Hdmi-cec, so the Ultra remote only has to be programmed with your tv brand, in turn the tv controls the Streambar volume. 

I have original Roku Soundbar connected to my Roku Tv, about a foot away I have Streambar as the sound for my computer. I have many remotes oem and universal, they all control the Roku Soundbar volume just fine with my tv brand code programmed in. 

Once you have your Streambar connected to the Tv, refresh the cec devices in the tv settings. If it doesn't have that feature, just unplug the power for streambar and reconnect it should recognize it has a new cec device. 

Edmund

0 Kudos

@Tivoburkee, I also have an Ultra and wish to connect a soundbar. How do you define "connected correctly"? TV Optical out to the soundbar, and I can use my ultra unit for streaming and volume for soundbar with no TV speaker sound? I have a non Roku TV. TIA

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

With optical, you will not be able to control the Soundbar volume from the Ultra remote. Without the use of hdmi-arc or hdmi-cec which you need a hdmi connection, you will need a remote that can control the Roku ultra, tv, and your soundbar. Something like the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote. it's a one device remote, but different areas of the remote are for different kinds of devices. P1010420 (2).JPG

Edmund

0 Kudos