Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsherr
Level 7

Can I watch in a browser?

I just bought a TCL TV which has Roku built in and it's very cool.  Can I also watch the same channels on my computer through Firefox now that I have an account?   I'm in Canada.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
theuser86
Level 7

Re: Can I watch in a browser?

Well depends on what app/channel on the Roku you're talking about. For example, you can watch the Netflix channel on the Roku, and yes you can watch Netflix in your browser in your computer.

Go to the website for the Roku app/channel you're interested in and see if you can view on your computer.
0 Kudos
tsherr
Level 7

I wanted to watch the Roku channel.  I tried to get it to play, but while I can see thumbnails of the shows, clicking on them doesn't do anything.
0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 7

“The Roku Channel” only streams on Roku devices.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Actually the Roku Channel is available via browser, but I believe it's US only at this time. One of the Roku admins can probably confirm that. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 7

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atc98092 

Yes, that's correct. The Roku Channel on the web is only available in the US currently. Canadian users can access the channel on their Roku device though. 

Canadian Channel Store Link: https://channelstore.roku.com/en-ca/details/151908/the-roku-channel

(Note: This link is only for Canadian Roku users. If you are a US Roku user, please visit the US Roku Channel Store at channelstore.roku.com to view & add the channel.) 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos