Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibson33
Reel Rookie

Can I watch Cable and switch to my roku tv when i want to,I have free cable where i live,

I would like to switch back and forth from Roku to cable tv,I get free cable where i live and i would like to have access to both Roku and Cable when i want

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Can I watch Cable and switch to my roku tv when i want to,I have free cable where i live,

Yes.  The cable will appear just like an app on your home screen.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I watch Cable and switch to my roku tv when i want to,I have free cable where i live,

@gibson33 

What @HDMIGuy said was for Roku TV devices, and is spot on.

However, if you have a different TV (doesn't matter if it's a smart TV or not), you would watch cable like always. You'd connect your Roku device to an HDMI port on the TV and switch the input to that HDMI port when you wanted to watch Roku. Depending on the capabilities of the TV, it may automatically switch when you hit the HOME button on the Roku remote.

But using a Roku device and still have cable? Sure.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."