Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KG33
Level 7

Can I use one Roku sound bar with 2 Roku (TCL) TVs?

Jump to solution

I am about to purchase two 65” TCL ROKU 4K TVs. I want to hook both of them up to the same ROKU sound bar and sit them side by side. It appears there is only one HDMI port on the ROKU sound bar. Can I use a splitter? Or use optical on one tv and HDMI on the other? I’m hoping to switch back and forth between the two TVs, but only use volume on one at a time. 

Lastly, as I shoot for the moon here, I’d just like two remotes, one per tv, that controls the corresponding tv, but also the sound bar.  
Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Can I use one Roku sound bar with 2 Roku (TCL) TVs?

Jump to solution

The soundbar can only work with one tv at a time. If the roku tv comes with IR remotes each is going to control both roku tv at the same time, sorry. You have replace BOTH roku tv IR remotes with wifi voice remotes and pair each to one of the tv's and you won't have conflicts, but you will have to abandon both IR remotes. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Can I use one Roku sound bar with 2 Roku (TCL) TVs?

Jump to solution

The soundbar can only work with one tv at a time. If the roku tv comes with IR remotes each is going to control both roku tv at the same time, sorry. You have replace BOTH roku tv IR remotes with wifi voice remotes and pair each to one of the tv's and you won't have conflicts, but you will have to abandon both IR remotes. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos