cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmkjmk01
Reel Rookie

Can I use a soundbar with Roku 2020 speakers on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Full disclosure, I'm not very tech savvy.  Especially when it comes to electronics and audio components.  SO please treat me like I'm a little kid (or senior citizenSmiley Happy )  I have a JVC 58" Class 4K UHD 2160P HDR Roku Smart LED TV (LT-58MAW595) TV.  I just installed Roko 2020 speakers, one next to where my wife sits and one next to where I sit.  Now we can actually hear the TV without getting complaints from the neighbors.  But for anyone else sitting in the room the sound is too low, which isn't something we've been told for the last 10 years.  So the speakers are great.  But how can I add additional sound in other parts of the room.  Can I install a soundbar?  If so, which one?  What would a subwoofer do for me.  Any advice would be great.  

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I use a soundbar with Roku 2020 speakers on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

@jmkjmk01

Thanks for the inquiry.

For your current setup that includes a TV and Roku Wireless Speakers, you can add both a Roku Soundbar/Streambar and a Roku Subwoofer.

For more information about these addition Roku audio products and their placement, we would recommend checking out the following Support pages here:
What is a Roku® Streambar™ Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar?

What is a Roku® Wireless Subwoofer?

What is the best placement for my Roku® wireless speakers?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jmkjmk01

Thanks for the inquiry.

For your current setup that includes a TV and Roku Wireless Speakers, you can add both a Roku Soundbar/Streambar and a Roku Subwoofer.

For more information about these addition Roku audio products and their placement, we would recommend checking out the following Support pages here:
What is a Roku® Streambar™ Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar?

What is a Roku® Wireless Subwoofer?

What is the best placement for my Roku® wireless speakers?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmkjmk01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny,  But just o be sure, I have a Roku TV.  So it's already a smart TV.  Will the streaming soundbar conflict with it.  Or is there a non-streaming sound bar I should be using,

Thanks

Jim

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jmkjmk01

Thanks for the clarification.

You can install a Roku Soundbar to your Roku TV as there will not be any conflict. You will however, have to choose which (the Roku TV or Roku Soundbar) you will be using to stream your content as both will have the functionality.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you use the Roku soundbar remote you will found yourself on the soundbar home screen, no input tiles. To use only the roku tv home screen only use the roku tv remote. You should keep each of the rokus on different themes so you can tell which home screen you're on. And turn off the seasonal theme feature so each roku won't be switched to the same theme. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ryahrens
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please explain further I also have the Roku 2020 speakers the subwoofer and a TCL Roku soundbar.  The Onn 65 in tv I have says I can have EITHER the speaker OR the soundbar with the subwoofer BUT NOT BOTH.....

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Correct you can't have both Soundbar, and Wireless speakers paired to Roku tv. Pair the Soundbar to the Roku tv, which turns off the tv speakers, then pair the wireless speakers to the Soundbar, they will act as rears. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos