Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gervais8

Can I use Roku speakers with TCL Soundbar?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TCL TV and TCL Soundbar.  Can I use the Roku surround speakers with this configuration?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I use Roku speakers with TCL Soundbar?

Jump to solution

You can't have two devices replace the tv sound at the same time. Even if both were Roku brand it's either the Roku wireless speakers or the soundbar. If you pick the soundbar, then the wireless speakers can be paired to the soundbar itself to be used as rear speakers in a surround sound setup. They do sell TCL branded soundbars that are Roku ready, it pairs just like Roku branded just don't have the built-in streamer. They have to follow the same limitations as Roku brand, sorry.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can't have two devices replace the tv sound at the same time. Even if both were Roku brand it's either the Roku wireless speakers or the soundbar. If you pick the soundbar, then the wireless speakers can be paired to the soundbar itself to be used as rear speakers in a surround sound setup. They do sell TCL branded soundbars that are Roku ready, it pairs just like Roku branded just don't have the built-in streamer. They have to follow the same limitations as Roku brand, sorry.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
forster46

Jump to solution

So If I own the TCL branded soundbar that is "roku ready" I can theortically purchase the roku brand wireless speakers and pair them to the tcl soundbar? Even though they are techically different brands? Or did I misunderstand.

0 Kudos