Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hampl2022
Reel Rookie

Can I use 4 wireless speakers WITHOUT adding a sound bar?

Jump to solution

Can I use 4 wireless speakers WITHOUT adding a sound bar? I have read a few posts that sound bar takes away sound from the wireless speakers (sounds like front for soundbar, then wireless pair becomes back or surround, so maybe that explains the sound "loss" some have described?)

I have newer Roku TCL 50" tv with 1 set of Roku Wireless, which connect as "front" speakers, and also wireless bass. Love it so far, great sound!

Can I avoid buying a soundbar, and skip ahead to adding another pair of "back" speakers with Roku Wireless speakers? Essentially 5 total speakers, 4 of the Roku Wireless, 2 as front and 2 as back, and the wireless bass. Is this setup possible WITHOUT a soundbar? Also, any idea how the sound will be distributed, any adjustments possible in TV menu?

Or is the soundbar the best next step to get "front" and "back" sound, AKA surround sound? Thanks! Marc

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I use 4 wireless speakers WITHOUT adding a sound bar?

Jump to solution

@hampl2022

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please note that pnly two wireless speakers can be paired to a Roku TV. Up to four wireless speakers can be paired to a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar.

For more information about the Roku Wireless Speakers, visit our Support page here: Set up your wireless speakers

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@hampl2022

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please note that pnly two wireless speakers can be paired to a Roku TV. Up to four wireless speakers can be paired to a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar.

For more information about the Roku Wireless Speakers, visit our Support page here: Set up your wireless speakers

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hampl2022
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, Thank you for update. I am also having problems with Roku Streambar, 9102X, serial #2A1092183802. The device sounds terrible. If I keep the volume really low, it sounds fine. If medium-low or higher volume sound is attempted, or any bass sound at all, the speaker sounds like it will self destruct? Any suggestions, can I adjust the bass-treble to fix this problem? Once I turn down the volume to around 3-5 (really faint, barely audible), then distortion goes away, but I can not hear much at all. Suggestions? Marc

0 Kudos