Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYCDT

Can I mirror/loop the image out of a Roku Smart TV to a 2nd TV/monitor?

I have multiple Roku Smart TV’s. The ONN Roku TV, the Hisense Roku TV, and the Samsung 6 Series. I also have older model dumb TV’s and monitors. 

I am looking to mirror the image from the internal Roku Smart TV’s onto another TV in the same room. Is there a way to force one of the HDMI ports to be an output instead of an input?

I do not have the option to use a separate Roku or other device at this time. I specifically want to loop the smart TV image to an additional monitor.

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I mirror/loop the image out of a Roku Smart TV to a 2nd TV/monitor?

It would be nice if there was an output. I'm sure there's a way. Just got to keep looking. I saw another post. Somebody trying to do same thing. 

Hopefully someone has some ideas. Kudos to you! 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous says.

I saw this. And I believe it could work.

Force a physical connection via USB C, or HDMI 2 way, the one that works both ways. With a two way HDMI cable.  Now it should work over wireless as well. Idk. It may be worth a try.  Any other solutions out there. Please pitch in. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I've never seen any TV that could output its picture.  If you want the same image on more than one TV you need to feed all TV's from the same source using something like an HDMI splitter.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous says

That works too. But I wonder if they can be all  linked with HDMI and same program on all devices. 

This could also be useful in Dr. offices running the same on all devices on hardwire. What about linking them like it was a phone. That would be a great feature.

Thank you very much. Kudos

0 Kudos