Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BNeal
Level 8

Can Cast to One Roku TV but not an Identical 2nd One

Jump to solution

I have four Roku devices (3 Roku TVs and a Roku 3).  My Windows 10 laptop can cast to all of them except for the 32" TCL Roku TV I just added in the garage.  It casts to another TCL television just fine (and the Roku 3 and Samsung Roku TVs), but not this new 32" one.  The device shows up on my list for things to connect to, but it always fails to connect and never prompts me to allow it on the TV; there is actually no indication on the TV that anything is being attempted.  (I've also tried with "always allow" as the screen mirroring option.)  The Roku app on my phone connects just fine to this TV as a remote, and I can cast from my Android phone to it via YouTube, too.  In short, my Windows 10 laptop works with every other Roku device for casting but not this new 32" TV, and the TV works with everything other than the laptop.  I've been trouble shooting this for two days and I am absolutely stumped.  I've factory reset the TV, tried on the 2.4 and 5 networks, checked driver/software for necessary updates (although this wouldn't make sense since it works on the other Roku TVs in the house).  I'm absolutely baffled.  Help, please!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BNeal
Level 8

Re: Can Cast to One Roku TV but not an Identical 2nd One

Jump to solution

Forced a physical connection via USB C (Thunderbolt) to HDMI cable.  Now it works over wireless, also.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BNeal
Level 8

Jump to solution

As a follow up, I also just downloaded the iOS app and was able to get that to work.  So literally everything is working with this TV other than the Windows 10 Laptop (which continues to work with the other televisions in the house).

0 Kudos
BNeal
Level 8

Jump to solution

Forced a physical connection via USB C (Thunderbolt) to HDMI cable.  Now it works over wireless, also.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Lyn_du
Level 7

Jump to solution

So how did you fix this, because I face the exact same issue

0 Kudos
desertrf
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same with windows 10 TV/Movie.  I can cast to three but not the fourth one. Chrome, however, has no trouble casting to this device.

0 Kudos