Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimIris27
Level 9

Cameras Are Hidden Inside Of Your Roku TV.

These Roku TV's have built in camera's inside of them. They have your IP address, and can control your TV, by turning it ON, OFF, or Changing the channels. Also when they watch you in the privacy of your own home they are recording you, to get dirt on you to use at a later date. I learned that the hard way. If you have a Roku TV in your bedroom, cover it with a heavy or dark cover before you take care of business, or you might be getting a letter blackmailing you out of your hard earned money. 

These ass holes watched everything I was doing in my bedroom and the next day I got an email threating me that they will release my video on all social media platforms if I don't pay them. They told me everything that went on in my bedroom the night before. I contacted the FBI, and filed a complaint. Someone who works for Roku probably, because they have my IP address and my Cable password.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Strega
Level 12

Re: Cameras Are Hidden Inside Of Your Roku TV.

Did they provide the video?

I ask, because people send out scam emails like this all the time to millions of people and just hope that 1 in 100,000 believes them and pays.

0 Kudos
KimIris27
Level 9

They didn't provide the Video but, they told me what I was doing exactly. I'm not paying them **bleep**. As a matter fact, I lost my temper and cussed them out, After I contacted the FEDS. They said those smart TV's do have cameras inside of them that can be hacked.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

You should moved you tinfoil hat to cover your privates. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
KimIris27
Level 9

So I guess the FED's are wearing tinfoil hats too. You Big Dummy. Educate yourself, before commenting. How old are you 12? Did you get your mother's permission to be on this site. 

0 Kudos
KimIris27
Level 9

Hackers watching people using cameras on smart TVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GOTI0YO3eQ

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 12

By the way, that video says the FBI said there are no known cases of this actually happening, but they are just warning of the possibility.  (Which is good, in my opinion.)

I still think your emailers are probably just email scammers because if they had control of your TV, it would be MUCH scarier to turn it on in the middle of the night and start showing the video they had.  This, plus the fact that I have already received emails claiming they had videos of my on me web cam and on my Smart TV, and I thought: gee that's impressive because I don't have those.  If I had them, I probably would have been more nervous which is how these things work.  Likewise I get account compromised emails but they have, so far, always been about banks I don't use so I feel pretty relaxed, but someday by random chance, they may actually use my bank, and it will feel more real, but I will remind myself of all the false alarms.

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 12

@KimIris27 , which TV brand/model do you have? People have been taking these things apart for a long time, showing how to fix things (in youtube videos). If there was an undisclosed camera in any of these, I'm sure someone would be talking about it by now.

There's a lot to hate about Roku. It's become the epitomy of what it sanctimoniously claimed to be saving cord cutters from. Roku's customer service management apparently came from Comcast. ("I'm sorry, I didn't understand your response. Press 1 if you would like to repeat this menu."). But, I don't think they've gone as far as you've said. (I would appreciate it if you would stop giving them ideas. They're certainly capable of it -- from everything I've seen.).

I think it's good to be wary. You could remove the back from your tv and inspect around the bezel. Shine a flashlight around the bezel looking for any area that lets light through. If you discovered something, it would be like winning the lottery. All the big-name legal firms would be begging to take your case.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos