crocodile
Reel Rookie

Cable audio works with Soundbar Pro?

Jump to solution

I was ready to pre-order the new Soundbar Pro until a rather major issue occurred to me. When I am watching a show thru my cable TV feed, will the sound come thru the Soundbar Pro or thru my TV speakers? Not sure if it makes a difference, but my TV has 2 HDMI-ARC ports.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cable audio works with Soundbar Pro?

Jump to solution

If the tv has ARC inputs then the sound from other devices connected to your tv should be heard through the streambar pro. The streambar pro replaces your tv speakers. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Thats not what they meant, its just like having any two roku models next to one another, they can't be linked together, ether by hard wire or wifi. But they both can be connected to the same tv and work fine. Being Roku audio device like wireless speakers and subwoofer, none of these can be used directly with Roku streamers like ultra or stick+. The audio devices only connect to Roku tv, Roku Soundbar, Streambar, and now the Streambar Pro. No other Roku models. 

So will a streamer like the Ultra connected to tv, have its audio come through a streambar pro connected to the same tv via Arc input, the answer is YES.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

If the tv has ARC inputs then the sound from other devices connected to your tv should be heard through the streambar pro. The streambar pro replaces your tv speakers. 

Edmund

olegos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't understand why they say "Does not work with Roku streaming players" in the Streambar's specs. Seems that if a streaming player is connected to one HDMI input, and Streambar is on another HDMI port with ARC (or connected with the optical audio cable), the TV should send the audio to the Streambar, same as with any other input.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Thats not what they meant, its just like having any two roku models next to one another, they can't be linked together, ether by hard wire or wifi. But they both can be connected to the same tv and work fine. Being Roku audio device like wireless speakers and subwoofer, none of these can be used directly with Roku streamers like ultra or stick+. The audio devices only connect to Roku tv, Roku Soundbar, Streambar, and now the Streambar Pro. No other Roku models. 

So will a streamer like the Ultra connected to tv, have its audio come through a streambar pro connected to the same tv via Arc input, the answer is YES.

Edmund

0 Kudos
olegos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

By the same logic the sound bar is not compatible with cable box or DVD player or game console. It's just not helpful to say that.

That would be like Samsung TV specifying that it's not compatible with a Samsung refrigerator.

0 Kudos