Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougMB
Streaming Star

Cable Channel Guide on live tv is all wrong with what is actually broadcast. Help???

I did the channel scan, found 90 channels and the guide populated.  The information, including the channels themselves are all wrong.  Has anyone had this issue and can you help???

47 REPLIES 47
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cable Channel Guide on live tv is all wrong with what is actually broadcast. Help???

@DougMB 

Thanks for the post.

Please try to perform a manual update on your Roku TV to the latest update and check to see if you are experiencing an issue.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still experiencing an issue after trying to perform a manual update, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ehard24

Re: Cable Channel Guide on live tv is all wrong with what is actually broadcast. Help???

Was this resolved?

DougMB
Streaming Star

Nope

Mike-E
Streaming Star

@DougMB wrote:

Nope

Doug, go into settings - System - ZIP Code, and try changing your ZIP CODE to another nearby one, and then rescan your channels again. It may fix your problem, IF you can find a zip code that matches what your true channels are.

For instance, I have to use a zip code of a nearby city before scanning for my channels, because the channels are licensed to that city. Now in my case, that's over the air antenna channels, BUT, I'd bet that could also be the issue with cable channels.

0 Kudos
Bunny78
Channel Surfer

Yes same situation. My bedroom TV suddenly said roku added more channels (guessing some update) now all my regular cable channels are messed up. The guide will say one thing but it's not the proper channel. I spent the entire afternoon figuring out which channels are which. That was after I did a cable scan/search, checked updates and factory reset. Annoying. 

0 Kudos
Bunny78
Channel Surfer

The changing the zip is the one thing I haven't tried. It was fine before this latest update. I will try that and post back. 

0 Kudos
DougMB
Streaming Star

Appreciate the time spent replying but tried this some time ago to no effect.  

0 Kudos
DougMB
Streaming Star

Still all wrong. 

RokuTV A114X

SN: X003000F6G9A

DI: S05FY09F6G9A 

SV: 9.40. Build 4210-88 

Channel line up completely wrong

0 Kudos
Mike-E
Streaming Star

@DougMB wrote:

Still all wrong. 

RokuTV A114X

SN: X003000F6G9A

DI: S05FY09F6G9A 

SV: 9.40. Build 4210-88 

Channel line up completely wrong

Yeah, I gave up on them fixing mine. Nothing I posted got any real response. They even sent me and email and asked additional questions, I've replied twice, but they both went into a black hole. I created an account on TitanTv, and just use that as an online tv guide. Really SUCKS that Roku tv has a guide, that's TOTALLY WORTHLESS for many channels, and they WON'T FIX IT!