Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4d3fect
Level 7

CEC issues with TCL TV and Sony AVR

having intermittent but recurring issues with the TCL TV not switching the Sony inputs correctly on powering up. Requires endless fiddling about.

WAF in unusually deep negative territory.

Roku 7101X s/w v. 9.10 build 4129-30

Sony STR-DH770

Harmony Hub & smart remote

I know it's all low end stuff, but it should work consistently, shouldn't it?

Thanks for looking.
TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: CEC issues with TCL TV and Sony AVR

CEC between different manufacturer's devices is always hit or miss. And sometimes it's even different between different products from the same company. I had all sorts of problems with my Samsung TV and a Yamaha AVR, but when I replaced the AVR with a new Yamaha, it's worked perfectly since. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with any of your devices. It's just the way they decide to work together. Sometimes a firmware update will help, and sometimes it makes it worse. Again with my gear, Samsung had a number of updates that really messed up CEC and ARC, but then they finally got it nailed down. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
4d3fect
Level 7

Thanks. Unfortunately (and predictably, I suppose) no updates/downloads available for the Sony. The TCL Roku still receives updates. Whether this will ever improve interacting with the Sony is, as gamblers might say, a crapshoot.
TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
tuskvt
Level 8

Same problem here with my Denon receiver and TCL Roku TV.  Problems started after 9.1 Roku update.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/ARC-CEC-Stopped-Working-with-TCL-55R615-and-Denon-AVR1612/...

0 Kudos