Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chriscmm
Binge Watcher

Bug - After pausing Video, playback button exits video app and goes to Roku channel

This is a very frustrating bug.

When I am watching a  video, say You Tube. Then I pause the playback to do something, Roku TV goes to screensaver mode as it should.  I return, click the Play/Pause button on remote to restart the playback (which should be the normal process), my Roku TV then exits out of the video and goes into the Roku Channel.

The only work around is instead of clicking the Payback/Pause button, I have to press the OK button.

This is happening on my 55R625 TCL Series 6 Roku TV

PS, this only happens on my TCL Roku TV. My Ultra Roku works normal after screen savor activated and I click Playback button.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Bug - After pausing Video, playback button exits video app and goes to Roku channel

Are you using one of the screensavers with ads?  If so, it is by design that play takes you to the advertised channel.  I switched to one of the clock screensavers because they have no ads,  Or, as you said, press a different button.

Chriscmm
Binge Watcher

Re: Bug - After pausing Video, playback button exits video app and goes to Roku channel

good to know.  I'll try a different SS

Thank you

0 Kudos
Alexmurray

same problem happened to me when i paused Video, playback button exits kinemaster pro techbigs app and it annoyed me very much.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Alexmurray

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us with the steps to reproduce what you are seeing so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos