Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunjewel

Brand new TV keeps shutting down

Last week, I purchased a brand new 40 inch Roku TV for my room. I had my dad install it this weekend, and it worked perfectly the first day. The second day, my sister and I were watching Disney+, and my TV randomly went to a black screen during the movie we were watching, and then it went to the home screen that shows all of my channels. This kept persisting. This morning, my TV randomly shut off during a show, and it went to a red screen that says "TCL | Roku", and the little light below the TV started to flash. The TV completely ignores any command my remote gives it, and every time this happens, I have to unplug the TV and replug it back in. I then have to wait a few moments for it to turn back on and get situated with the remote. This has happened about 4 times throughout the day, which doesn't sound like too many times, but it's a bit irritating. I'm a bit disappointed, for this TV is brand new and I really have no idea why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Brand new TV keeps shutting down

@sunjewel

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing is related to a hardware issue. 

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Chadsam

Same here and now I feel stupid for purchasing seeing everyone with almost, exactly the same problems. Haven't had our Roku not even a year. Now no sound and went black. We've tried everything!!😠

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chadsam,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're very sorry to hear of the trouble. In your case, I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can locate their support contact information here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV 

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos