Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hisbeauty4ashes
Streaming Star

Bought a Hisense Roku Tv today but no sound when casted to PC

Hi I just bought a 43" Hisense Roku TV today. I always cast my PC to the TV for multiple things. Anyway when I went to cast my PC to the TV it mirrored great but I have no sound at all. I looked in settings on the TV and could not get it to work. I tried my other laptop same thing no sound. Now my PC'S work on my other Roku TV just fine. I did try the HDMI just to see if it worked and it did. So I need help figuring out how to get the sound to work on TV when casting from my PC.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bought a Hisense Roku Tv today but no sound when casted to PC

@Hisbeauty4ashes 

First thing is to just restart the laptop and the RokluTV. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart).

Then when you go to cast again, look on the laptop/PC under the Sound options and see if you have to switch output to the casting recipient. (ie. maybe Settings/Sound or the Taskbar and see if you have to disable laptop speakers, select audio source, or turn up volume slider to desired output).  Some of these options may be under "More Volume Options".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Hisbeauty4ashes
Streaming Star

Hi thanks for the reply. I went into windows 11 audio output where it says add a device. I could not believe it did not pick up my TV to add it. It added it to mirror casting,  strange. I even ran trouble shooting and it says all is good in sound. I just do not get why my IPhone works with my new TV and my computers does not. HDMI works. I did reset everything and that did not work. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Hisbeauty4ashes
Streaming Star

Also I tried two windows 10 laptops the same thing not to mention my windows 11 Laptops. It mirrors but no sound. I am starting to think it is the TV. My Iphone works great. I cannot see anything in setting that says PC on it I am scratching my head right now.

0 Kudos
Hisbeauty4ashes
Streaming Star

Ok I am back again! I tried just connecting my sound back to the TV and then tried to see if it would work through that it did not. So I had to bluetooh my laptop to the sound back to get it to work. It so should not even be like that. There is an issue with this TV when I cannot connect audio normally. Crazy!