Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth transceiver dongle on Roku TV

Jump to solution

TV cable & cord inputsHow get a connect using bluetooth Transmit dongle from a TCL-ROKU branded TV to send vocal audio to mini wireless bedside speaker? The instructions only talk about pairing #TCL-ROKU devices. Settings searches but doesn't see speaker.

TCL 43" Class 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart TV -  43S525

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Bluetooth transceiver dongle on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Robin4ascii Thanks for the note. I'd recommend reaching out to TCL support to see what suggestions they may have. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

I might recommend trying to use the private listening feature of the Roku mobile app. You would pair the Bluetooth device to your mobile phone, then launch the Roku mobile app and connect to your Roku TV. Once connected, use the headphones icon on the Remote tab of the mobile app to enable private listening. This should then route the audio through your phone to your Bluetooth device. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Robin4ascii Thanks for the note. I'd recommend reaching out to TCL support to see what suggestions they may have. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

I might recommend trying to use the private listening feature of the Roku mobile app. You would pair the Bluetooth device to your mobile phone, then launch the Roku mobile app and connect to your Roku TV. Once connected, use the headphones icon on the Remote tab of the mobile app to enable private listening. This should then route the audio through your phone to your Bluetooth device. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
rrvbison

Jump to solution

It says private listening doesn't work with HDMI

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rrvbison That's correct. The private listening feature only currently supports audio from streaming channels on your TV. Feel free to visit the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community to share any additional suggestions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
RK54016

Jump to solution

I'm a senior citizen. I'm hearing impaired and I'd love to listen to my Roku tv via my wireless headphone while my wife listens to the speakers. The tranmitter that I hook up does not send voice signals to my headphones..any suggestions on how to get it to work? 

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What are you connecting the device to?  If it uses the optical output from the TV, be sure you have set the audio output to 'pcm'.

0 Kudos
whaller

Jump to solution

using private listen option is not a 'solution' but a work around. is there an actual solution for this thread? ie, I bought the roku version of the TLC smart tv vs the android tv version not realizing the roku didn't come with bluetooth support. I have multiple HDMI inputs and would like to know if anyone has actually got a bluetooth dongle to work with the roku smart tv's. thanks

0 Kudos