cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver2003
Level 7

Bluetooth speakers cutting in and out

I purchased Roku Bluetooth speakers fro Christmas

Easy setup. Worked just fine for a few days.

As of today (Jan 2, 2020), every 30 to 60 seconds the audio cuts in and out (like an old skipping record) when watching a DVD or listening to music via Bluetooth on my iPhone.

The audio does NOT cut in and out when watching regular TV or streaming only as noted above. Weird

The speakers also do NOT cut in and out when our WiFi is on; thus if we watch a DVD, that does not need WiFi, it seems apparent I have to turn-on the WiFi so the speakers do not do this.

Any clue as to why this occurs?

(Insignia TV)

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Bluetooth speakers cutting in and out

@Oliver2003 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
georgegeorge
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. I'm playing Roku sound via my Roku iPhone app and then connecting it via Bluetooth to my Amazon Echo. 

Moccassin20
Level 8

Having same issues only with bluetooth headset.  Previously reported like a year ago.  Have you guys looked at or done anything about this yet?

0 Kudos
georgegeorge
Level 7

I actually returned my roku (thanks amazon) and got FireTV, which connects to my Echo through wifi. The sound issue is resolved but I have other complaints now; my firetv frequently freezes. Might have to swing again... 

0 Kudos
Manoloweb
Level 7

Hello @RokuDanny-R ,

I'm having this same issue (a bluetooth speaker disconnects and reconnects every few seconds, ONLY when using the TV with Roku. I also have a Chromecast, and the TV is Smart TV, and everything works normally, except when using Roku.

Please advise, I'm super happy about my Roky except for this, which is annoying to say the less.

I tried every single combination of audio and HDMI settings, it happens in any configuration.

0 Kudos
ECLIPSE1
Level 8

Hello, I have had the Roku wireless speakers for about a month and they have been awesome. Today they started cutting in and out, every 15 to 20 seconds the sound will cut out for about a second. If I turn them off the TV speaker is normal and doesn't cutout. I have a Hisense TV and it hasn't had an update in 3 weeks. I have reset the speakers multiple times. Anyone know what I need to do next?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ECLIPSE1 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve audio playback issues on my Roku® wireless speakers?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ECLIPSE1
Level 8

Hi Danny, thanks for helping out! I have done the items in this document with no changes. I have also unplugged my router and turned off anything that could cause signal interference as a test, with no impact at all. The audio has about a second of silence randomly 2 to 4 times a minute. 

I have a Hisense 55A6100UWR and the software was last updated in December. There isn't an update available for the Hisense TV at this time. The problem started occurring two days ago, with the prior two weeks everything working flawlessly. If I switch off the Roku speakers the internal speakers doesn't have any interruptions in audio. The interruption appears to be in both speakers at the same time.

Any thoughts on next steps? 

0 Kudos
rodafin
Level 7

Same issue and it is unbearable. 
I have the SmartSoundbar, Wireless Subwoofer, and Wireless Speakers. Just 4 days ago the wireless speakers began cutting in/out. It happens every 3 or 4 seconds. They're out for a second then back. Sometimes, they lose audio upwards of 30 seconds then back. This is constant! And they are completely worthless to me being that the entire setup was purchased late July 2020. What is my recourse? Is there an update coming that will address this issue?

I have unpaired, reset, reset, unpaired, factory reset, etc. Each reset requires spending 2 hours downloading apps again and signing back into those apps! I need a resolution.

Please respond.

(Soundbar and Subwoofer purchased on Amazon; Wireless Speakers purchased on Roku.com) 

0 Kudos