cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ritepath
Level 9

Bluetooth Channel for Roku wireless speakers disappeared

Jump to solution

I have been streaming a bluetooth device through my Roku wireless speakers successfully. Today. the Bluetooth channel is gone. When I tried to repair my device, it was successful and gave me the option to go to the Bluetooth channel. When I clicked yes, it took me just to the settings page and the device is not playing on the Roku speakers anymore (although it "thinks" its still connected. Where did the Bluetooth channel icon tile go?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Bluetooth Channel for Roku wireless speakers disappeared

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue may now be resolved and you should be able to connect to your device again via Bluetooth.

If you don't see the Bluetooth channel on your Home Screen, please check for a manual update by navigating to Home > Settings > System Update > Check Now.

If you're still running into an issue, try again later today.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

13 Replies
flakeoff101
Level 7

Jump to solution

This also happened to me not even 10 minutes ago. I was streaming music and it suddenly stopped. The Bluetooth channel is gone and trying to re-pair my device went exactly the same as yours did.

0 Kudos
Ritepath
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well, I can't listen to music on the Roku speakers from the TV without the screen being on all the time (because they never fixed the display off problem where it pops back on), and now I can't listen to an external streamed Bluetooth device on them. I am this close to just buying separate Bluetooth speakers for music streaming and relegating the Roku wireless speakers to just TV sound. Shame, they seemed an all in one solution and they sound decent otherwise.

0 Kudos
OwingsMillsAlex
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here as well. It was present and then it wasn’t. Would like a resolution to this. This is for the Roku Streambar. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Have you gone to the channel store and searched for the Bluetooth audio tile?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Ritepath
Level 9

Jump to solution

Interesting. When I tried this morning it wasn't present. Now it is. But when I select it, it says "Channel install failed" Pressing OK brings back Add Channel choice. Selecting it gets me to "Channel install failed". So endless loop of that.

Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

I don't have Roku wireless speakers, and the Roku wireless speakers doesn't have built-in streamer and has to rely on the Roku tv or Roku soundbar and I guess now streambar. I do have Roku Soundbar and it still has the Bluetooth Audio tile on the its home screen. And I have it connected to a roku tv, which never had bluetooth audio tile, and when I try to add it to the roku tv it fails just like it always did. So @Ritepath your roku tv had the Bluetooth audio tile on its home screen?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Ritepath
Level 9

Jump to solution

When pairing a Bluetooth device to play through the Roku wireless speakers, the controls are all through the Roku TCL TV. When going to System, add bluetooth device, after it was paired it would ask if you wanted to go to the Bluetooth app to play. Clicking yes opened the Bluetooth app and the device would play through the Roku speakers. As long as the device was paired the Bluetooth tile was visible on the TV. That is no longer the case, and prevents streaming of a device to the wireless Roku speakers since there is no longer a software interface.

flatblak13
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yep

Same thing is happening to me

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post and bringing this to our attention.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)