cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jollybolly
Level 8

Bluetooth Audio Inoperable with v9.4

Jump to solution

I just upgraded my ROKU TV/Soundbar to v9.4 and tried to connect my iPhone 7+ to my Roku TV/Soundbar via bluetooth. Both devices claim to be "connected" to each other but I have no audio over this connection. Nothing is muted and devices worked fine with 9.3 so I'm assuming it's a 9.4 bug. I went to the Systems settings and I believe all are properly set. Anyone else have this new problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Bluetooth Audio Inoperable with v9.4

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue may now be resolved and you should be able to connect to your device again via Bluetooth.

If you don't see the Bluetooth channel on your Home Screen, please check for a manual update by navigating to Home > Settings > System Update > Check Now.

If you're still running into an issue, try again later today.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
zbyerly99
Level 7

Jump to solution

i have a roku soundbar as well with the subwoofer. everthing as of yesterday was working great but today i tried to connect my computer to the bluetooth option it says "connected" but when i watch videos no sound plays. thinking it was just my computer i connected my phone which never has given me any issues at all. once again it says connected but i go on spoify youtbe videos etc no sound plays i have factory reset the soundbar reconnected and forgot devices multiple times cheked for updates and still no luck all roku apps do have sound and my xbox which is pluggged in with the optic cable ive even went to the roku store and tried o add the bluetooth channel whic then would tell me it says chnnel install failed could not download but i can get evey other channel please help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jollybolly @zbyerly99 

Thanks for the post and bringing this to our attention.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

My Roku soundbar upgraded to 9.4 this morning and as of 5 minutes ago the bluetooth was still working with my moto g stylus connected to the soundbar.  

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue may now be resolved and you should be able to connect to your device again via Bluetooth.

If you don't see the Bluetooth channel on your Home Screen, please check for a manual update by navigating to Home > Settings > System Update > Check Now.

If you're still running into an issue, try again later today.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos