Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen nothing is working

I'm getting a blue screen. I have audio for buttons but that's it. I was watching prime tv and It just turned blue and I've tried turning it off and back on, resetting it. Hard resetting.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Blue screen nothing is working

@hamilton899

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is this the only channel you are seeing this issue occur on or does it happen across all channels? Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting the device, then adding the channel back again, specifically in that order? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chantelady
Reel Rookie

Pretty much the same here,except mine happened after a Roku update left the TV in some sort of standby mode.I tried changing the settings to turn off standby mode (while TV was still working),but it would not work.The TV would not power all the way off and the status light indicated it was in standby mode.The TV was rarely used but when it was used it would take longer and longer for it to get out of this standby mode when powering on the the Roku TV. The other day when turning on the TV it could not get out of this mode,and was stuck on a blank blue screen with no menu.

I tried all the suggestions I've read on the internet and nothing has worked.Tried the clicking home 5 times,up once.and rewind twice,FF twice which in itself worked,but the blue blank screen remained.

Tried unplugging and replugging,disconnecting all cables (ethernet,hdmi,antenna) problem remained.

Tried the factory reset dozens of time which appeared to work as my TV disappeared from my linked devices in my Roku account.I even tried deleting my account all together.Problem remains.

Tried blowing out any would be dust bunnies ,problem still there.Just a blank,blue screen with audio.Roku remote works fine and put brand new batteries in it just in case.You can hear the clicks on the TV when attempting to do anything.Backlight is fine.The only thing I so far have managed to accomplish is the status light stays off now when powering it off.The status light also goes off once the tv has finished booting up.

I downloaded the software for my TCL model TV to a USB stick and tried that but It was unable to read it probably because you need to get to the USB mode from the menu settings which I am unable to with a blank blue screen.I tried manually switching the input mode manually from the 3 buttons under the TV but and all inputs show the same blank blue screen.If I new exactly what part was most likely the problem my bf could replace it ,but I would be worried that once ROKU did its update I would be left with the same problem.

Roku TV 7105X
TCL Model 55S405TBAA
SERIAL # 1711GTC002095A02310
SOFTWARE VERSION 10.5.0.4210

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@chantelady

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing is related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator