Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BSLCO

Block Channels (NOT APPS) on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I haven't found an answer to this question anywhere. How do I block or delete specific live channels within the Roku TV app? I am already aware of how to delete entire apps from the roku, how to favorite or save preferred channels, and how to "hide" channels - but the hide feature only hides it from being an option when you scroll through. I need to know how to hide, block, or delete channels from the entire menu when in the Live TV section of the Roku App. Parental controls by rating won't work either because I am trying to block very specific channels - such as the News channels (just an example). Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Block Channels (NOT APPS) on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi @BSLCO,

Welcome to Roku Community. 

The current features offered, do not allow for the blocking or deleting of specific channels within the Live TV section. However, we would like to inform you that you can hide the channels from the menu by using the "hide" feature. This feature will hide the channel from being displayed when scrolling through, but it will not remove it entirely from the system.

To learn more on this matter, please visit the following link which details the process of modifying the Live TV Channel Guide to only display "over-the-air" TV listings: How to find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to reach out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BSLCO,

Welcome to Roku Community. 

The current features offered, do not allow for the blocking or deleting of specific channels within the Live TV section. However, we would like to inform you that you can hide the channels from the menu by using the "hide" feature. This feature will hide the channel from being displayed when scrolling through, but it will not remove it entirely from the system.

To learn more on this matter, please visit the following link which details the process of modifying the Live TV Channel Guide to only display "over-the-air" TV listings: How to find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to reach out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm in a similar situation.  I would really like to block a specific show (I'd settle for blocking the whole app channel).  The parental controls do not work.  I don't know if the streaming channel just hasn't coded their content in a way the Roku TV recognizes, but my toddler keeps selecting violent TV shows whenever he has the remote.  There's one series in particular that he keeps selecting because he like the opening song or something.  I've set the parental control to the most stringent setting and he can still select the show.  I've even set it to block any unrated content.  He still selects violent shows.

Of course the solution is to not allow him to use the remote control himself, but it would be nice to give him the option to make his own selections on Disney, PBS kids, or another kids streaming channel.  I can't allow him to navigate because I can't block him from selecting violent content.

0 Kudos