Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black shadow randomly appeared on tv

The tv lost picture randomly.  Turned off and unplugged for 30 minutes.  Picture is back, but with an annoying black shadow across the top and right corner. Have tried everything I can find to try online, including factory reset.  

2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Black shadow randomly appeared on tv

I take it you’re using a Roku TV. Roku’s does not make TVs by the way. TCL,ONN, Hisense and Sharp do. Who manufactured your TV? When did you purchase it?. If your TV is more than a year old it’s out of warranty and there’s not much you can do about your issue except replace the TV

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Black shadow randomly appeared on tv

@Osborne5630-

A number of TV manufacturers license Roku technology for inclusion in some set models and market them as "Roku TVs". Roku doesn't manufacture "Roku TV" sets, it only supplies the Roku operating system.

This sounds to me like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Manufacturer support contacts for Roku TVs can be found in this support post: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos