Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hershey270

Black screen with sound tcl roku 6 series

Black screen with sound I reset it several times 3 different ways and nothing worked all Im getting is sound 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black screen with sound tcl roku 6 series

@Hershey270

Thanks for the post.

Customer have stated that unplugging their TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in resolved the issue that you are experiencing. We would recommend trying that to see if that helps.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lwalls

after working a long  hard day i knew it would be ok because i had my roku at home to make it all better , so after cleaning up i sat down at my chair grabbed my remote it was in the same spot i had left 12 hours earlier before i went out , so i pushed the power button only to have nothing happen , no worrys i must have did something wrong so i tried it again ...NOTHING !  So i started to panic !!! i have another tv in my room i can always go in there but my wife had it , so i contacted support and the were pleasant enough it  but i wanted to let him or here  have it but then i calmed my self because they were just doing a job making a living so i said thank you for your help and hung up. now its total panic!!!! i just stated a little vacation was going to enjoy it with family of course but always to end up in my comfort zone  with the remote in my hand . i am assuming its the backlight but im no tv repair man and I'm sure there are different fixes and you have to know what you are doing to fix it correctly without being a parts changer so i came on here to find a bunch of angry people as well and i get it but all i would like to know is has anyone bought a backlight or what ever the yare and has it fixed the issue, i just see a bunch of cry babys " and i get it i am one of those  crybaby's  i was the biggest one last night ,I'm really embarrassed my wife and my grandoggie seen how much of a baby i could be !!  well i was convinced it was the backlight until i started reading on here ,im starting to think that we just want a quik fix without wanting to spend money , unplugging something for while is not the fix ,if it is a software thing then roku /tcl should be ashamed . then again  if i remember correctly i paid 498 i think for  a 55 at target so we get what we pay for there junk throw away TVs were the only one to blame  but very cheap so its nice ,i think i remember telling my self " well I've never heard of this **bleep** before but if it  breaks after 2 years no loss its only few  hundred bucks "  . but please if anyone has replaced the backlight and it didn't fix it let me know .   PS   if i decide if i want to fix it instead of shot gun practice ,  where can parts for this junk be found ? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@lwalls

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that unplugging the TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back again resolved their issue. Have you tried this troubleshooting step?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos