Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen onn roku tv

Jump to solution

My tv hasn’t been a month yet but today it fell and after it was a black screen with sound still working and i don’t know what i should do. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Black screen onn roku tv

Jump to solution

All LCD TVs have a light source behind the screen. Sometimes the light comes from LEDs, but more often it's a fluorescent light. If the TV fell or was dropped, it's possible that the light was damaged. That sort of damage is generally not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. And depending on the original cost of the TV, repair may simply not be worth the cost. You would have to contact the TV manufacturer (Onn) and inquire about warranty repair and where they might offer repair services. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Black screen onn roku tv

Jump to solution

All LCD TVs have a light source behind the screen. Sometimes the light comes from LEDs, but more often it's a fluorescent light. If the TV fell or was dropped, it's possible that the light was damaged. That sort of damage is generally not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. And depending on the original cost of the TV, repair may simply not be worth the cost. You would have to contact the TV manufacturer (Onn) and inquire about warranty repair and where they might offer repair services. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos