Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Black screen on a onn roku tv that hasnt been dropped

Did you ever find a solution because we have identical situations. I tried everything but can't get the screen to come back up. It just flashes the Onn logo and then goes black. No faint picture if a flashlight is shown on it. I've tried everything you mentioned and nothing.

I too lost out on the warranty for the same exact reason. I'm so frustrated because I paid a lot for a TV to stop working just over a year old.

0 Kudos
Gfbruner

I've tried all the recommended fixes: unplugging, soft reset, hard reset and the  button sequence: 5 home button, 1 up button, 2 rewind and 2 fwd. This goes into the reset, but the reset screen only flickers on for a second and is then black again. 

Very, very frustrated. I can't afford a new TV.

#onnRokuTv

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Gfbruner, you need to contact onn.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SamRokku70Inch
Reel Rookie

My tv is experiencing the same thing. Never dropped never moved. One day I pushed the home button to get out of an app. And it black screened I used all the advice to get it back on. Finally came back on but every time I turn it off now it black screens. Sometimes it takes days to get it back on. Now with everything posted online I can not get it back on. Sound fully works buttons on the remote start up the apps. What can I do to get the screen back? #onn #roku

0 Kudos
SamRokku70Inch
Reel Rookie

Same thing for mine, it worked for a while now nothing. This is a manufacturer defective and should be recalled and fixed. I would have never bought such a large tv if I would have known of this problem and the lack of customer support on this problem.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@SamRokku70Inch, support for that kind of problem must come from the manufacturer of the TV which isn't Roku.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cw71

Mine does the same thing barely out of warranty and the onn support is worthless anybody found a solution 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Cw71.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

For further assistance regarding your issue, we would recommend continuing to work with your Roku TV manufacturer as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Cm70

My onn 70 inch Roku tv will go black with sound. Then I do the unplugging, the resetting, and everything else people recommend. It will last sometimes 4hrs, sometimes 4 min, before going black again. Any suggestions other than return it? I still have a month to go on my warranty 

0 Kudos
SamRokku70Inch
Reel Rookie

I’ve now tried all of these process. I can’t get it to turn back on. It’s been about a week now since I’ve been able to turn my tv on. ONN just says it’s out of warranty there is nothing they will do. I can hear everything playing any buttons I push I hear the show I accidentally pick 🙂 that’s all. 

0 Kudos