Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Black screen on a onn roku tv that hasnt been dropped

Hello @ADuran5

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ADuran5
Level 7

Basically one of the post mentioned that if we put close to the screen of the tv a flashlight and we can see image it is because the backlight of the tv is damaged, my question was if it is easy to repair or based on the cost it is better to purchase a new TV

Thanks in advance.

ItsSharday
Level 7

I'm having the same exact issue except I was watching tv an the screen started blinking an went black still can hear the sound if I put the light to the screen I can see picture so did you ever come up with a solution

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ItsSharday

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue.
Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Support page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos